Do I need liability insurance?

Tenant support, renting a space, liability insurance.

Conor O'Kelly (Fillit) avatar
Written by Conor O'Kelly (Fillit)
Updated over a week ago

It's up to each landlord to decide whether the tenant needs to provide liability insurance to rent their space. If that is the case, landlords will need to disclose his requirement on their listing or message the tenant upon receiving the enquiry to let them know. 

How do I know if the space needs liability insurance? 

Every space has additional information from the landlord, just scroll down the page and click the relevant section to see more information. 

Note that some spaces require additional insurance, such as a letter of indemnity. 

Tenants are responsible for insurance against risks normally borne by occupiers of retail premises or otherwise specified by the Landlord. If a tenant has any doubt about what insurance is required they should consult their own insurers or insurance brokers. Fillit is happy to link tenants with our partner agency to arrange temporary event/retail insurance.

If you have more questions or doubts, please contact us at or click the messaging button on the bottom-right corner, we are always happy to help you!

Did this answer your question?